Venice Museums Information: General Museum Information - Venice, Italy IT
Venice contains an amazing and extremely diverse range of historic museums, with many of Venice's museums housing endless ancient Venice relics and finds, from around this area of Italy and nearby.
Many of Venice's most popular museums are situated in the very heart of Venice city centre and the museums are often a mixture between museums and art galleries, containing many classical paintings, sculptures and statues displayed in gallery areas, combined with extensive exhibitions of Venice artefacts and regular guided tours of the museum.
Venice Museums Information: Locations and Venues - Venice, Italy IT
Museums in Venice often have free or inexpensive admission, with long opening hours, extended at weekends. Housing a vast array of important historic Venice collections, displays and information about the history of Venice, a visit to museums in Venice may take several hours, as there are often so many exhibits and treasures to explore. Some of Venice's museums are housed in ancient buildings and also contain café areas, museums shops and landscaped gardens, with scenic views.
Venice Museums Information: Museum Card / Pass ('I Musei di Piazza San Marco') - Rome, Italy IT
Venice's museum card / pass offers excellent value for money and passes are can be obtained for a number of different museums. The Venice museum card provides free access to Venice's main museums, reduced entry in a number of other museums, and can be obtained at both the Museo Correr and Palazzo Ducale, permitting access to the Biblioteca Marciana, the Museo Archeologico, the Museo Correr, the Museo del Merletto (Burano), the Museo del Vetro (Murano) and the Palazzo Ducale.
The main museums in Venice include the following locations and venues in and around central Venice:
- Ca' Pesaro Museum
- Campanile di San Giorgio Maggiore
- Campanile di San Marco Museum
- Campanile di Torcello Museum
- Cattedrale di Torcello Museum
- Collezione Peggy Guggenheim
- Convento di San Francesco del Deserto Museum
- Correr Museum
- Marciano Museum
- Monastero Mekhitarista (San Lazzaro degli Armeni)
- Museo Archeologico (Archaeological Museum)
- Museo del Settecento Veneziano (Ca' Rezzonico)
- Museo di Dipinti Sacri Bizantini
- Museo di Torcello
- Museo Diocesiano
- Museo Ebraico
- Museo Orientale (Ca' Pésaro)
- Museo Storico Navale
- Museo Vetrario (Murano)
- Natural History Museum
- Naval Museum
- Pala d'Oro Museum
- Pinacoteca Querini-Stampalia Museum
- Scuola dei Merletti di Burano
- Scuola di San Giorgio degli Schiavoni Museum
- Scuola Di San Giorgio Degli Schiavoni Museum
- Scuola Grande dei Carmini
- Tesoro (Treasury Museum)
Book your Venice Car Rental here - excellent rates available, up to 65% discount.
Venice (VCE) Airport Guide